The World Cup has kicked off in Russia, the sun’s out, the beers are flowing, football’s coming home – us Brits just love the summertime! Quick question: When was the last time you fired-up your boiler?
“What!?” “The boiler?!” “But it’s 28 degrees outside!?”
Yes, the boiler. As we get into the full swing of summer, with light skies past the watershed, why on Earth would we even give the boiler a moment’s thought? However, it is a common mistake to ignore your trusty boiler throughout the warmer months as this may lead to problems when your home needs heating the most. Carrying out a few simple checks during the summer, could also improve your boiler’s efficiency in the winter.
Why? Benefits of a Summer Service
- Convenient time of year to get it done
- Less chance of a winter breakdown
- Chance to keep your boiler and central heating in good working order
- Heating engineers tend to be less busy
With the first autumnal cold snap, boilers nationwide will be called into action for the first time in months! It is at this time, that you will notice the first signs of there being a problem with your boiler.
If you’re on the lookout for a new boiler, the less-boiler-busy summertime offers the perfect opportunity to discover the best boilers around, and we can always offer you our professional advice and find the best, most efficient fit for your home.
Out with the old, in with the new: If your boiler is over 10 years old, consider replacing your boiler with an energy-efficient A-rated appliance. Typically, new boilers come with 7-10 year warranties, meaning no more large boiler headaches for the best part of a decade!
Prevention is always better than cure: We would also recommend that you don’t leave your radiators idle for extended periods of time. Ideally, you should let water from the boiler flow right through the pipework at least once a month. This will prevent an accumulation of dust and dirt. When dust gathers it can cause blockages or interference with the boilers pumps.
Regularly open your rad valves: Don’t let ‘unsticking’ become a part of the ‘switch on’ ceremony! Open your thermostatic radiator valves during the summer. This will prevent them from becoming stuck.
Last but not least: If you suspect any problems with your boiler, do not hesitate to call out an engineer before the weather turns!
What We Can Do For You
Our Gas Safe qualified engineers provide a professional, prompt, and reliable service.
- Boiler Servicing – stay safe and warm with a regular service, including a personal reminder when your annual service is due
- Boiler Breakdowns – don’t get left in the cold; our fast response team will aim to get to you as soon as possible to repair any breakdown
- Gas Boiler Installation and Upgrades – we install and maintain boilers from a range of trusted manufacturers
- Central Heating – central heating systems to suit your budget and lifestyle
- Power Flush – get your central heating system working like new with our power flush service
- Unvented Hot Water Systems – stay safe and compliant with an annual service
Summer is a really good time to get your boiler service done while bills are low, and demand is lessened.
When you work with John O’Connell Building Solutions, you can be assured that we are a Constructionline accredited contractor and approved for Local Authority contracts. We will only ever use Gas Safe and NICEIC qualified contractors and our workforce includes our own fully insured team of building professionals who work to safe and clean site standards.